It wasn’t that long ago when my bestfriend pointed out that I’ve gone through a lot of life chapters lately. If I thought moving to Singapore 9 months ago (!) was the wild card that woud provide me with enough quarter life/twenty-something changes/anxiety to last me for at least a year, boy did I not expect what would unfold in the last couple of months.
I always knew that life after college was just the beginning, but I didn’t expect so many ‘beginnings’ to happen all at once. Most of the Filipino colleagues I’ve asked agree with me when I say that the world was much smaller back in Manila, and even more in college. Living abroad has opened a pandora’s box of possiblities — both good and bad experiences — but I would never have it any other way.
I remember being a mess when I first moved here in July 2012. I was so confused back then (and there’s no use repeating it again) but now I thank the stuff that went down for making me wiser and tougher.
I’m definitely still unsure about a lot of things but I’m going to stop worrying and just enjoy the present. Really, I’m starting to believe that confusion is a timeless/ageless feeling and accepting that fact early on will make us much happier! So, suck up all the quarterlife crap and just live. I think it’s better to enjoy the fruits of decision than wallowing in one’s indecision. If it’s the wrong choice, ride it out, then make a better one next time.
It’s only the beginning:
1) Ricafacundo.com – Tales from a Foreign Filipina. Watch this space for upcoming stories and advice for anyone who has ever lived/traveled abroad or has simply thought about it as well as features on global filipinos making waves abroad
2) Welcome to the expat/corporate life!
3) My first business trip to Shanghai last March, 2013!
4) Published my first byline in a foreign magazine (Run Magazine) for #FreeLanceFebrurary
5) Conducted client/agency’s first ever Google Hangout with my short-lived but fun stint at Dentsu.