I’m one of those people who think about their birthday weeks before. I spend too much time thinking about how I’d ideally like to spend it and debating whether or not I should celebrate it in the first place until neither of which really happens. So it turns out that this monologue sounds way better in my head.
Then I tell myself that I don’t really care because I’m getting “old” already when secretly I know that I still do (even a little) just so I’ll stop giving myself unnecessary pressure, stress and expectation. Because even though you don’t want to admit it, everyone wants to spend this particular day a little bit differently from the other 364 days of the year – even in the smallest ways.
I’m turning 20 in 3 days and obviously I’m not old enough to outgrow this!
Anyways, in the spirit of idealism and materialism this is my personal birthday wish list in no particular order:
1. Clothes – I was cleaning out my closet last week and I realized that a majority of my clothes are either 1. College shirts (thanks to joining a lot of orgs) 2. Sleeveless 3. Black.
I think it’s time for a little bit more diversification and color! I’m itching to spice up my wardrobe! Preferably with a black leather jacket which I know is too hot to wear anyway.
2. Shoes – I don’t have a shoe fetish. I typically have staple shoes which I constantly wear until they die which is unfortunately their sad state now. I desperately need to replace my black flats as well as get a fierce pair of stylish heels
3. Notebook + Markers – A personal hardbound note book to jot down anything and everything that inspires me and and runs across my mind
4. Bling Bling – I might have exhausted the value of my only long gold chain necklace haha. I want more long chain necklaces because any fashion forward girl knows that an accessory can level up any outfit
5. Camera – I can take this off the list soon. I’m FINALLY getting one for myself as my own personal birthday gift
6. Grease DVD– I’d love an original copy of this so i can watch it whenever I need a pick me up
7. Frisbee– To accompany my new drive to get fit this school year! Especially since I’ll be playing more regularly
8. Fedora/Bowler Hat– I’m still sad that I lost mine last year. Since then i’ve been looking for a cheap replacement that is actually not too small for my head
9.Starbucks gift certificates- To accompany all the hours studying in starbucks i’ll be spending this semester
10. Earphones/Headphones – The kind that you can’t share and you place on top of your head like a headband